The YBC 12-Day Solstice Course breaks down the traditional sequence, Surya Namaskara A. In this course you are guided through eight fundamental yoga poses, learning one pose at a time to ensure proper alignment and promote correct muscle memory, as well as mindful breathing, to prepare your mind and body for a live 108 Sun Salutation practice on the upcoming Solstice.
What to Expect
- 12 days of practice and support to prepare you to perform 108 Sun Salutations
- Daily tutorial videos
- Daily tips, as well as informational and motivational content
- E-book with written explanations of all the movement
- A live class where we perform the challenge together
Tutorial Videos Include
- Breathing exercise to connect the mind and body
- Step-by-step guidance through each pose
- Clear and detailed physical cues
- Concluding Savasana meditation
Preview the Courses
OPEN & GROUND
We start off the challenge with DOUBLE PIGEON and CAT/COW in support of the theme open and ground. Although these poses are not part of the Surya Namaskara A sequence, they create space in your body and both poses are good options to return to at any time if you want to find some extra openness.
FIRM & ENERGIZE
Inspired by today’s pose, HALFWAY LIFT, our intention is to awaken authenticity, Halfway Lift stretches tight hamstrings, improves stomach and digestive ailments, relieves back and neck pain and/or tension, and is good for healing headaches and migraines, among other benefits.
Today's intention is to lift up and so we are focusing on DOWNWARD FACING DOG. This pose offers a full-body rejuvenation that will elongate your spine and release the tension in your hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands. Pay attention to the energy in your hand and heels in this pose.